The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery Mini Bread Maker is without question is the recommended choice for a smaller household in terms of the number of people and space.
As its name suggests, it is a compact bread maker with a space saving foot print of a standard size paper that produces a one-pound loaf of bread or cake.
The smaller loaf means the bread will get eaten faster and you will always have freshly baked bread every 2 hours if you want. Apart from its physical size, there is nothing small about this bread maker; it has many appealing features that you would want to own this kitchen appliance.
It is mainly designed to offer many features for smaller households. It is not only a bread maker machine, but also it makes jams, cakes, rolls, pizza, pasta, etc. Its special feature is it produces loaves of bread and cake one pound in size. We recommend this Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Mini Bread Maker machine without any questions for the people who are more concerned about their shortage household space. It can ease your bread baking experience along with the shortage quantity of time.
Baking bread is not a hard or time consuming job. In fact it is an amazing feeling to smell a freshly baked bread loaf and that too, a one pound loaf ready for the breakfast.
Zojirushi-BB-HAC10-1-Pound is a great companion in the kitchen to prepare bread in a quick, less time consuming and efficient manner. It is a compact and a slim machine which can be stored easily and helps in baking the choicest of breads.
Are you shopping for a Breadmaker? Of course, you must have come across a lot of breadmakers as there are lots of breadmakers in the market. Probably, you must have come across the Zojirushi Home Bakery One-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Breadmaker.
May be, you have not. In case you have not come across the Zojirushi Programmable Mini Breadmaker in your search for a good Breadmaker, here’s what you should know about the Zojirushi Programmable Mini Breadmaker.
The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 is perfect for people who love bread, but hate gorging themselves. In most walks of life, bigger is better. A bigger TV, a bigger truck, a bigger paycheck all sound great. But when it comes to homemade bread, it’s best to get exactly what you need.
That’s because fresh bread, that isn’t shipped with a bunch of preservatives, can get stale quickly. So if you cook a huge hunk of bread, you’ll find yourself rushing to eat it before it gets bad.
Plenty of bread lovers who buy their first machine can be shocked when they see how big a one pound loaf really is. That’s where the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 fills the void – for college students, single people, and people who don’t insist on bread as a constant staple.
The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Programmable Mini Breadmaker is specially designed for the smaller households. It only bakes one pound loves and has a compact design. Most of the needs for the beginner bread maker are satisfied but when you choose this machine you have to accept the fact that you can’t choose a bread size and the shape of the loaf square rather then rectangular.
Important things to note
- This unit only produces one pound loaves, this makes it perfect for small households
- You can choose you bread textures; regular, firm, or soft
- Don’t get fooled by the term ‘Programmable’ in the title, you can select different cycles but you can’t define a homemade cycle
Compared to other bread makers, the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery 1-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Breadmaker scores rather low for the both the beginner and advanced bread maker categories. The main reason is that manufacturer made a specific choice to design a bread maker for smaller households which results in limited options in terms of bread shape and bread size.
Providing that you make a deliberate choice to pick a small bread maker, it has pretty much all features a beginner bread maker is looking for. It come with a recipe book, you can pick the crust you like and you can use the ‘delay timer’ to wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread. This machine has a 71% match for beginner bread maker.
The advanced bread maker might find the option rather limited. There are no specials like ‘sourdough’ or ‘gluten-free’ and you can’t define your own homemade cycle. A total score of 51%.
This is a small machine that takes up very little storage space and isn’t tough to move up and down, which means it works in any surrounding or situation. If you’re a kid that’s saved some money and doesn’t want to have to compete with your parents kitchen fixtures, this is a good choice too!
Like most products by Zojirushi, this is a compact, friendly looking and inviting machine. There’s a big viewing handle that lets you watch your bread while it rises, and an adorable little handle. You can treat your breadbox like a lunchbox and take it everywhere you go!
Zojirushi-BB-HAC10-1-Pound has the preset options which allow you to set the machine according to their needs. It can bake a variety of eatables like breads, pizzas, jams, rolls, pasta and croissants.
Various ingredients for cookies can also be prepared with this bread machine with the help of its blender functions. The non-stick texture of the pan helps in easy baking and cleaning and the non-stick kneading blades are very efficient in kneading the dough. The dough comes off easily from the blades, so the quantity and quality of the raw material is always consistent as per the requirement. Zojirushi bread maker can also be modulated to have a quick baking session of the bread.
If you need to bake the bread it can be set to the fast backing function which will set to the bread to be baked in about 2 hours. The bread maker allows you to choose the texture of the bread. It can bake three different densities of breads like basic bread which can be regular or firm as per the individual taste and liking or soft bread.
It also has a crust selection feature like light or regular crust. Avoid putting really hot water to bake bread, as it might kill the yeast. Just add Luke warm water and the machine will condition the water according to the need.
Although this mini bread machine is not cheap, many buyers have highly rated it and would recommend it to others. The consensus from buyers is that the Zojirshi BB-HAC10 is a high quality machine, it’s easy to use and it produces great results every time. Buyers also love the small physical size of the unit and the small loaf size it makes. The small loaf is ideal for a small household. The verdict is that this little Zo deserves a big budget.
|Features||Model BB-HAC10 Home Bakery Mini Bread Maker|
|Loaf Size||1 pound|
|Inner Pan||Non-stick, removable, with handle|
|Cover||Top loading lid with viewing window|
|Crust Control||Regular Light|
|Pre-programmed Settings(Dough preparation/Baking Modes)||Basic Bread(Regular) •Basic Bread(Firm) •Basic Bread(Soft) •Quick Baking •French Bread •Dough •Cookie/Pasta •Jam •Cake|
- Quantity: It can bake up to one pound of freshly baked breads and cakes. It is enough for a small family to enjoy the freshly baked bread every day.
- Programmable: It has a fully programmable menu to make breads, cakes, jams and jellies. It can be set according to the requirement and purpose.
- Timer: It has a delayed timer which can exceed up to 13 hours. It can be preset at night and the bread will be freshly baked in the morning. This saves time and yet provides with a fresh loaf in the morning. It has very simple controls and it also has a “hold warm” feature.
- Quality: It has a non-sticky texture of the kneading blade and the pan. It helps in proper and easy cleaning of the surface. It has a consistent heating element and a small paddle, which is good for making dough for the cookies.
- Controls and design: It has a liquid crystal display (LCD) panel and a carrying handle along with viewing window. It has a big control panel which is easy for people with poor vision. The viewing window enables the user to keep an eye on the baking process. One doesn’t need to intrude the baking process by opening the lid again and again.
- Unit Measures: 18 x 10-1/2 x 12-7/8 inches
- Weight: 12 pounds
The size is something to be considered especially if you don’t have the counter space or the storage space in your kitchen. This bread maker is ideal for smaller spaces.
- 1-pound loaf (small)
The loaf capacity provides you with the ability to cater for your consumption needs while maintaining freshness.
This cute Zojirushi BB-HAC10 mini bread maker makes a one-pound vertical loaf of bread or cake that yields approximately 8 slices. On its quickest bake setting, it bakes a basic loaf of bread in 2 hours. There are 5 bread settings: Basic Bread (Regular); Basic Bread (Firm); Basic Bread (Soft); Quick Baking; and French Bread. The bread maker also offers 3 bread textures: Regular; Firm; or Soft. There are 2 crust color options: Light or Regular. In addition to the bread settings, there are settings for: Dough; Cookie/Pasta; Cake; and Jam.
The Zojirushi BB-HAC10′s automatic settings allow you to make a variety of bread, cakes and pastry dough for shaping by hand. If you want to, you can use it to make jam to go on your bread freeing you up to 90 minutes from having to stir your jam mixture by hand. A unique feature to this mini bread maker is its Cookie/Pasta setting. A wonderful way to keep a child entertained is to let them see the bread machine in action through the viewing window while it’s mixing the cookie dough.
Keeping in line with the Zojirushi’s design, the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 also has other convenient features built in. It beeps to tell you when to add dried fruit to the dough if you are making a fruit bread. In all bread settings, the rest cycle stabilizes all the ingredients ensuring optimum baking result. The 13-hour digital timer for delayed baking makes it possible to wake up to a fresh loaf of bread before heading off to your day’s work. The “Keep warm” phase keeps bread warm for 1 hour after baking is done. If you are running late coming home or want to sleep in, you can still have your warm bread. The unit’s inner baking pan and kneading blade have a non-stick coating allowing easy cleaning making your baking experience mess free. The baking pan also has a handle which makes handling easier.
Zojirushi makes it very simple to operate this mini home bakery as all functions are selected from an easy to read control panel and any information/prompt is displayed on the LCD screen.
To top it off, the outside unit has a handle for safe and effortless transport. Who says the only place for a bread maker is in the kitchen? Now you can just easily take the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 into your RV and have homemade freshly baked bread even on the road.
A Perfect, Bearable Size!
We have mentioned it before that the most attractive feature is its smaller size. Its actual measurement is 8 by 11 by 12 inches. Considering the physical size, there is no other bread maker is as small as Zojirushi BB-HAC10.
Is it Easy Enough To Use?
The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery 1-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Bread Maker is extremely easy to use. Three different bread texture Regular, Firm and Soft of it have made is special than another. This machine has two different controlling switches. One is named regular and another is named light crust.
Besides the bread setting Jam, Jelly, Cookies or Pasta Dough settings are included in this model of bread maker as new features. You can use this machine every day in a week to save your household working time. It can do almost everything automatically.
Its quick baking cycle can prepare breads in under two hours. There is a view window by which you will able to realize the baking condition at any phase. As well its 13 hour timer will let you rise to the fresh smell and amazing feeling of bread. “Keep warm” phase keeps baking bread warm over one hour.
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery 1-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Bread Maker has a reputation for excellence built machines. In this product some essential accessories have been included to make is easy to use for the customer. These accessories are mentioned bellow.
- Recipe booklet with over 60 recipes and baking tips to get you started. The recipes in the booklet contain volume measurements for all ingredients needed for the recipes.
- Double ended measuring spoon and measuring cup. All you need to use for measuring the ingredients for the recipes included in the booklet.
- One kneading blade for mixing ingredients.
- Operating manual including troubleshooting guide. Also available online.
- Instructional video.
All of these features have made it special than any other smaller Bread Maker available in the market. For its attractive features and affordable price it became acceptable to the customers without any questions.
The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery Mini Bread Maker comes with a 1 year limited warranty. Warranty information is available online. At a price bracket of over $200, you may be searching for a bargain, so take note of the following excerpt from the warranty information.
There are five bread settings, plus settings for yeast dough; baked cakes (quick breads); jam; cookie dough; and pasta dough. Because of the small size, this machine can’t make the rapid-fire quick loaves like most of its competitors, but it can still have a hot loaf ready for you in about 2 hours using the quick cycle. It’s not very noisy, either.
Whether you want to add whole grains to your diet in a cool, painless way, or you want to make artisan breads, this is the gateway that will let you spend less time in the kitchen and more time chowing down.
This machine doesn’t have a “dark” crust setting. There are only two – light and regular. Seeing as many bread machines advertise multiple settings but only 1 or 2 are really usable anyway, I give Zojirushi for truth in advertising and making sure that their bread lives up to a realistic standard.
Like most bread machines, this machine has a delay timer – grab a fresh loaf early in the morning, or as soon as you come home from work.
Here are what buyers like most:
- It’s easy to use. It’s that easy to use that a buyer said even an eight year old can do it.
- The compact size. The ZoHAC10’s compact design makes it easy to fit into any small space making it suitable for apartment living or a small kitchen.
- The one-pound loaf capacity. Not only it is an ideal size for a smaller household but the small loaf almost guarantees that you will have fresh bread every day. If you want to experiment and you are not happy with the result, you can still afford to throw away the bread.
- The jam setting. Buyers who have used this setting are pleased with their jams, the perfect compliment for their freshly baked bread.
- It’s quiet. It’s that quiet that you can set it to bake overnight in an apartment.
- The sturdy bread pan. The quality of the bread pan contributes to the performance of this bread machine ensuring even baking and browning of the loaves producing excellent results every time.
- It wins because of its mini compact structure. It is small in size and is easily manageable. It doesn’t take too much space on the shelves and can be stored easily after use. It comes with a one year warranty too.
- It has a totally programmable menu which is so convenient to operate. It allows the users to choose the settings as per their requirement. It has a variety of settings, comprehensive in nature, for preparing breads, cakes, cookies, jams and jellies.
- It has a very strong and sturdy handle which provides convenience of shifting the machine. It has a clear and visible display for old people or people with poor sight.
- It has the best quality design and is very easy to clean because of its non stick texture. The manufacturer is well known for the production of good quality products. It also comes along with a self-explanatory manual, a recipe book and a video CD.
- It has an advance timer which allows per-scheduling the baking process and saving the time and energy for other chores.
- The design enables to locate all the ingredients in the actual bread griddle prior in order to placing the skillet in the baking step. This is a very nice feature as it prevents the jumbling of ingredients ending up in the particular baking chamber.
Here are some concerns, buyers have expressed:
- The lack of user programmable feature. The title of this bread maker has the word “programmable” and some buyers have said that this is misleading. “Programmable” in this case means pre-programmed settings. The Zojirushi BB-HAC10 does not have any programmable feature, users cannot set the time for kneading, rising and baking times to be used for their custom recipes. This feature is available in the Zojirushi two-pound bread maker models.
- The “Rest” cycle cannot be skipped. Experienced bread machine users wish for an option to skip the “Rest” cycle if they know it’s not needed. The option to skip this cycle is available in the Zojirushi two-pound bread maker models. This is not a deal breaker for me. I’m happy to put everything in the pan, set and forget.
- Finding recipes for a one-pound bread maker. Many recipes are written for a two-pound loaf capacity bread machine and buyers have found this to be a challenge to change the recipes for a one-pound machine and be assured that they will work. The book Bread Machine Magic, Revised Edition: 138 Exciting Recipes Created Especially for Use in All Types of Bread Machines has recipes for a one-pound bread maker and would make an excellent companion to this mini bread maker.
- The price tag. This is a high quality and high performing bread machine. If you have the budget, do not overlook this little kitchen power horse.
- Three months warranty on replaceable parts. Although replaceable parts like the kneading blade and pan are available, note that the warranty on these parts are only 3 months and not 1 year.
- It can only make a one pound loaf of bread at a time which is not suitable for a large family. It is mainly well suited for singles. The one pound loaf is often smaller than the expected size.
- It lacks a lot of programmable options. You cannot control the time of kneading, baking and rising.
- Even though the 13 hour delayed timer is a great feature but it cannot be used in with bread with ingredients such as milk or eggs.
This is not a programmable machine. Don’t expect to change the time of use, the knead, or the bake cycle. This gives you a little less flexibility with your bread because you’ve got to stick to the pre-arranged settings, period.
But wow, this thing makes excellent bread and gets great reviews. The Zojirushi brand is famous for their rice machines, and the same fanaticism has spread to their customers. This machine is one of the top ten machines on Amazon.com and has an amazing 4.7 out of 5 rating. This is absolutely the best 1lb loaf maker on the market.
So in conclusion it is very beneficial and comfortable for people who are single or a couple and cherishes the aroma of freshly baked bread. It is a “must buy” for people who love baking bread at their home. It provides the convenience of baking at home and saves you money down the line.
It gives precise control settings bringing precise baking. It has a five star rating on Amazon and has a very high consumer appreciation ratio. In short it is a mini marvel and an extremely useful product.
But before you buy it, be sure that you’re not going to be cooking for large amounts of people. I think it’s always a good idea to buy a larger model just in case, but if you’re more worried about your freezer piling up with unused slices than you are making an extra batch on the rare occasions you’ll need more than a pound of bread, the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 is the one for you.
All in all, It is one of the Best Bread Makers for the smaller households but don’t expect a lot of options to experiment. We’d love to hear your good and bad experiences with this machine, please do leave your comments below!