The sunbeam 5891 bread maker is an excellent bread machine at a very reasonable price. This machine has changed my life! I bake in it daily! No more store bought bread with unnecessary additives for this family!
Sunbeam’s lone entry into the bread maker business has produced a very simple yet very efficient little appliance. With the Sunbeam 5891 2 pound Breaker you can start making delicious bread at home today.
There are 12 different baking functions that are easily programmable on the LCD display. This allows you the option to basically bake any type of bread with just a tap of key. It comes with an instruction manual and recipe book that can get you started cooking right away. As well you with its express baking option you can have freshly made bread in less than 1 hour!
The Oster 5838 ExpressBake Breadmaker is especially known for its express baking features. It can even bake a 2 pound loaf in less than one hour; 58 minutes to be exact. Overall, this Oster Bread Machine is a great machine for the beginning bread maker. It is offered at a decent price and has all basic features that the beginner might be looking for. The bread maker has a large viewing window, if you are new to bread making I am sure you’d like to see how your loaf develops, and you can choose the bread seize and the crust of your preference.
The machine has all functions that a beginner is looking for. It has 12 preprogrammed cycles which includes 2 express bake cycles and 3 “making dough” cycles. The machine comes with a recipe book which is not too well received.
You’ll find many users complaining about it but this can easily be solved by buying your own recipe book. Do keep in mind; the machine does not have too many features for the advanced bread maker, it the option program your own cycle (homemade cycle) and does not have any special options like ‘Gluten Free’ or ‘Sourdough starter’.
It makes bread, is durable, and cheap enough to throw away. Above all, it is so easy to use.Great bread for toast. Everybody likes the end product. Much better than store bread for less than $1 per loaf including the cost of the machine.
- It is programmable to make bread in 1-1/2 to up to a 2 pound loaf of bread
- Up to 12 different cooking functions and 3 shade selections that is accessible through it LCD display.
- Comes with non-stick pan that hand washable
- A 13 hour delay cooking timer that allows you to start cooking at any time during the day
- Dimensions of the bread maker is about 14x19x13.5 inches and it comes with a 1 year limited warranty
Important things to note:
- The recipes in the recipe book are not too well received. Do make sure you have your own recipe book.
- The machine does not come with any measurements equipment; when you start baking bread you’ll find out that it is extremely important to use accurate measurements.
Features and functions
|Features & Functions||Oster 5838|
|Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan||Y|
|Shape – Rectangular loaf||Y|
|Adjustable Bread Size||Y|
|Quick bake cycle||Y|
|Dispenser for yeast and or Raisin||N|
|Bread Making Recipes book||Y|
|Measuring spoon, measuring cup||N|
The Sunbeam bread maker 5891 comes with all the expected cycles. There are 12 cycles in total – basic, French, sweet, whole wheat, quick bread, ExpressBake®, cake, sandwich, dough only, jam, butter and spread and glaze. You can also play with the color of the crust that you want. You can go for light, medium or dark crust.
There is a clear LED display where you can check the functions and the progress. The control panel is easy to use and responds to touch. The buttons on the control panel are large enough to operate them easily. The baking pan in the Sunbeam bread maker 5891 is removable and non stick. With the Sunbeam bread maker 5891, you also get an instruction book that contains various bread recipes.
The look of the Sunbeam bread maker 5891 is stylish and pleasing and the price tag is more than value for money when you consider the features that are available. For starters, it has a smaller footprint than other more expensive models. The Sunbeam bread maker 5891 measures 14.5 inch from front to back and 10 inch in width. The height of the model is less than 12 inches. The window is large enough to see.
There are some reports that with the Sunbeam bread maker 5891, the bread sometimes sinks or fails to rise due to excess water. However, if you follow the manual before you start baking, then there should be no issue like this. For best results, you can also check the consistency of the dough when the mixing part of the cycle is going on. If you find it too wet, you can open the Sunbeam bread maker 5891 and add more flour. If it is too dry, then you have the option of adding water.
The Sunbeam bread maker 5891 is a basic bread maker that comes loaded with all the features that you can ask for. For the price that you pay, the Sunbeam bread maker 5891 is excellent value for money. So, the next time you make a bread loaf using the Sunbeam bread maker 5891, make sure you follow the manual. Bread making will never look easier.
Important things to note
- There are a number of user complaints about ‘collapsing bread’. It turns out that the bread maker is very sensitive to the amount of moisture and recipes provided with this bread maker are not always accurate.
- One Amazon user gave a great tip to improve the bread quality; If the loaf collapses or hits the lid, reduce the amount of water. If the loaf turns out to be a brick; add more water and slightly more yeast. If the dough doesn’t rise well, try to add gluten.
- User-Friendly Design with Large LCD Display
- 12 Settings Offer Exceptional Versatility
- contemporary design that takes up minimal space
- easy of use
- As stated before this is a very easy to use bread maker with a very simple LCD
- The 13 hour timer is very useful for when you want to plan ahead. All you need to do is set up all the ingredients ahead of time and set the timer and you can have fresh bread waiting for you in the morning or when you get home at night.
- Poor user manual
- Hand wash only
- The non-stick pan can be very fragile so make sure you do not use any metal utensils or you may end scratching the pan.
This bread machine has an 89% match with the requirements for a beginner. It also is very reasonable prices which makes it one of the best bread makers for the beginning bread maker. The machines is less suitable for the more advance bread makers as it does not have any special features. It only has a 67% match. All basic are in place; a large viewing window, adjustable bread seize, delay time and an express bake cycle that is truly unique. It makes a loaf in less than one hour.
The advanced bread maker might be missing some features. You are unable to program your own baking cycle and there are not special options like ‘sourdough’ or a nut / raisin dispenser. We find this machine to have a 67% match with the criteria for the advanced bread maker.
In the event that you are on a tight plan, or if this is your first bread machine and you would prefer not to contribute excessively, this model is the best decision. You can’t demolish the cost, and analysts say it offers a considerable measure for the cash, including 12 bread capacities, three bread sizes and three outside layer inclination.
Despite the problem with the bread pan the Sunbeam 5891 is still considered a good buy. It is easily programmable and with the write type of recipes can work just as well as another bread maker that cost twice as much. Also it has the ability to bake bread up to 2 pounds while costing even lesser than the higher range bead makers than can only make up to 1 pound of bread.
I have a loaf of bread in under an hour that turns out perfect every time.I’ll definitely recommend the machine, it is very easy to use and to clean.Why spend all that money on the costly machines when this one works just as good if not better? If you are a beginning bread maker, this is a good bread machine for you. Do make sure you buy your own recipe book!
All in all , it is a good offer for the beginning bread maker but you must be willing the experiment a bit with the provided recipes or buy an own Bread Making Recipe Book.