This 9 tray food dehydrator has a drying space of 15 feet making it an ideal option for families who would like to dry a decent amount of food. It doesn’t matter if you want to dry fruit, vegetables or meat, the Excalibur 3900B Food Dehydrator does it all.
There are a couple of color options: All black, or the case also comes in appliance white. After reading our Excalibur Dehydrator 3900B Review you will know if it is the right dehydrator for you. Preserve it Naturally is now in it’s 3rd edition and has over 50 recipes you can start using immediately.
It doesn’t matter if you want to cook fruit leather, beef jerky or vegetables – you’ll know exactly how to do it using the abundance of recipes.
One important feature is that the trays can be removed, which is essential for drying larger foods. Sometimes you won’t want any trays if you’re using it for raising bread, drying flowers, making yogurt etc. So having easily removable trays is a big plus.
The Excalibur 3900B Dehydrator has a temperature setting that is easily adjustable. The temperatures range from 85º – 145º F which will be needed depending on what you’re dehydrating.This deluxe series has had upgrades based on what Excalibur customers want.
If you are serious about food dehydrating then there is no way around the Excalibur 3900. This is one of the best food dehydrators on the market and people who are enthusiastic about freeze dried food all point at the Excalibur 3900 when it comes to investing in a food dehydrator.
The reason for the popularity of the Excalibur 3900 is the fact that it gives you full value for money. You simple won’t find any food dehydrator where your money is better invested. The Excalibur 3900 will give maximum value for your dollar in terms of capacity and durability so you are not going to regret this investment if you are planning to use a food dehydrator on a weekly basis.
Features and benefits of Excalibur 3900:
- The heat source and the fan are placed at the back. This forces the air to distribute evenly throughout the chamber ensuring that your food will dry evenly as well. You don’t have to worry about rotating your food to dry evenly.
- 9 stackable trays that can be removed easily – you can take trays out if you have larger items and they are easy to take out for washing as well, plus they are dish washer safe.
- Easy adjustable thermostat allows you to adjust the temperature easily so you can set lower temperatures for herbs and flowers and higher temperatures if you make beef jerky.
- Timer and on/off switch allows you to set it to work and then forget about it. If you are not there when it finishes it shuts off on its own. You can also turn it on and let it work in the night when you are sleeping.
- Big trays ensures that you can dry a lot of food at the same time. You can take out the trays for raising bread, making yoghurt or drying large items. It is a very spacious food dehydrator that is why it is popular among people who consume dried foods often.
- Mesh liner on all trays ensures that there is no contamination between trays.
- 10 year warranty – this proves that the Excalibur 3900 is built to last.
Specifications of Excalibur 3900:
- 9 Polycarbonate Trays with Polyscreen inserts: 15 square feet of tray space
- Heavy Duty 7″ fan, 600 watts, Adjustable Thermostat: 85º – 145ºF – Built In On/Off Switch
- 17 x 19 x 12.5 inches ; 22 pounds
What most people love about the Excalibur 3900 is the fact that it is so stable and durable. There is rarely any problems with the Excalibur 3900 and if there should be any it has a warranty of 10 years. However, this is rarely happening as most people are using their Excalibur 3900 for a lifetime. It is durable enough to use commercially as well. So if you think it is expensive then you just need to think about how many times you will save the money on your own produce. Drying your own herbs will save you the cost of the machine in just one year.
Another major reason for its popularity is the fact that it is so spacious. The Excalibur 3900 lets you take advantage of the size in many ways. First of all, it is easier to utilize the large square trays fully as you can place food fully into the corners. If you make fruit leather you can roll it into the corners and you get a convenient shape. You can take the trays out if you want to dry larger items. You can also use the Excalibur 3900 to make sourdough or to raise bread. It also fits a large bowl of yoghurt if you like to make your own yoghurt. The opportunities are endless and there is no limit to what you can make in an Excalibur 3900 and for sure you are not limited by size.
There are different versions of this model so be aware that you buy the one that fits your needs. For example there is a model that doesn’t have a timer and then there is one with a 26 hour timer, which is great if you want to leave it overnight. Also, there are different sizes, one has only 5 trays where the biggest one has 9 removable trays. In my opinion there is no reason to go with the smaller version as you will probably regret that you didn’t go with the 9 tray version, which gives you the opportunity to have more space and flexibility. Even if you think you might not use it that much your needs might change in the future, once you get the hang of food drying.
The pros of Excalibur 3900:
- Large and spacious
- Heating device and fan in the back for constant air flow and even drying
- Removable trays for a variety of sizes of items
- Not all models have a timer
- The big size makes it difficult to store
- The design is not really pretty
• It comes with a 9 trays. Just enough for a large family.
• It has a 15 square feet drying space. So you can stuff as much food as possible. And have them dry at once.
• It has a built in on and off swith.
• Its great for a large family or for business.
• Its comes with an adjustable thermostat. It ranges from 85 – 155 degree fahrenheit. Low enough to preserve active enzymes in fruits and vegetables. And high enough to meet safety standards.
• Very easy to clean polyscreen tray inserts.
• It comes with a heat source and a fan at the back causing air to distribute evenly throughout the chamber. So there is no reason for uneven drying.
• It has a timer. So you can set and leave.
• Temperature controm. You can choose low heat for herbs and flowers and higher temperature for fruits and jerky.
• Big trays. You can pack lots of food into it. This is especially important at the height of the summer harvest when there’s a non-stop steam of food that needs drying.
• Mesh liner on all trays. You can asily dry herbs,diced onions and finely chopped fruits without having it fall to trays below. No food cross-contamination which simply means you can dehydrate more than one type of food at a time.
• Removal trays. If you have large items to dehydrate like flowers,herbs,granola etc. You can even other trays and have another 1/2 or more. Its your choice.
• Good for culturing yogurt and proofing box for sour dough. If you like to culture yogurt in large containers then this is your bet. Make sure you cover it properly if you intend using it for sourdough or yogurt. This will help the air not to dry out.
• It comes with an amazing 10yr warranty. Some customers have testified of using it for up to 15yrs.
The case and door are now also made of Excalibur’s innovative FDA approved plastics which are used on the trays. The plastic is so strong you can literally hit it with a hammer and it still won’t break.
These last a long time, which is proven by their 10 year extended warranty. The Excalibur is different to other dehydrators because of their trademarked drying system known as “horizontal airflow”. This technology ensures the food is dried evenly on all trays and is done to perfection (without needing to swap trays). You can dry anything – vegetables, fruits, meats and more – which is perfect for eating healthy.
- The Excalibur 3900B Dehydrator is built for heavy duty use and aimed for families.
- It comes with 9 Polycarbonate Trays + Polyscreen inserts that are removable and have a total of 15 square feet drying capacity.
- The Excalibur 3900B Dehydrator size is 18 x 19 x 12.5 inches.
- A built in adjustable thermostat that ranges between 85º – 145º F.
- Built in on and off switch
- Includes a user manual with 50+ recipes inside to help you get started immediately
- 7 inch, heavy duty fan that is run on 600 watts.
- Trays, case and door are innovative FDA approved plastic
- Includes Excalibur’s trademarked horizontal airflow technology ensuring your food is dried perfectly and evenly.
- 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty plus the option of a 10 year extended warranty.
Preserve Food With Excalibur 9 Tray Dehydrator
A Excalibur 9 tray food dehydrator is an appliance that is used to remove the water content from foods like fruits, vegetables and meats to help preserve them for a longer period. Depending upon their usage, there are two general categories in which these appliances are manufactured; one for commercial usage and the other for domestic. Excalibur Dehydrator has considered all this and figured everything out for you using the easiest solution. Vegetable and fruit enzymes become inactive at different temperatures. If your chief concern is nutrition, preserving enzymes should be the main thing to achieve. When you dry food at low temperatures, enzymes stay intact.
Investing in a domestic food dehydrator is certainly beneficial. You can dehydrate food and use it for a longer time. You will also be able to store certain food products for later use. However, you need to do a bit of homework before you set out to buy a dehydrator. One of the best dehydrators you can opt for is the Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator. The right equipment can simplify the process of eating healthily; it can also increase your odds of making smart nutritional choices. There are many useful products out there, but few have as much to offer as a Excalibur dehydrator.
One can stock up on vegetables, fruits, meats and other types of food when they are on sale. Once they are dehydrated, they can be utilized over longer periods of time. No preservatives are essential, so you can feel good about eating the foods that you dehydrate. Several people are using food dehydrators than ever so. It’s elementary to see reason, particularly when you consider the numerous benefits that go along with doing so. For one thing, more nutrition is preserved through dehydrating than through canning. It permits you to relish the benefits of preserving fresh foods without uncovering them of too numerous essential nutrients. Excalibur dehydrator are presently one of the favorite food dehydrators. Even Excalibur dehydrating is one of the best perks of using one of these dehydrators. There’s no need to move food around to get homogeneous results.
Advantages Of Excalibur 9 Tray Dehydrator
- It has a large capacity.
- The nine trays serve the purpose of multiple layering
- There are mesh inserts which can accommodate even smaller herbs
- The appliance does not make any noise while working
- It is easier to clean.
Excalibur 9 Tray Dehydrator – Description:
The appliance is of excellent quality and is made of sturdy plastic that is easier to clean. It consists of a thermostat that is fully adjustable, a noise-less fan and 9 trays that are removable.
Excalibur 9 Tray Dehydrator – Usage:
The Excalibur dehydrator is available with five, four or nine trays but it is advisable that you select the one with nine trays because it can hold large number of products. If you want to fit in a bulky food item, you can even remove some of the trays and arrange the products accordingly. The appliance has lots of space and even if you do not fill in all the trays, the material that has been inserted will dry at a quicker rate because of the extra space for air circulation.
The appliance is designed to make cleaning easier. There are no crowded corners and no sharp edges that will make it harder to reach inside. Every region in the appliance is accessible. The fan is provided with a protective screen in front of it. This ensures that the fan does not get damaged by coming in contact with wet cloths while cleaning the appliance. The removable trays make it easier for loading the food products and also for cleaning.
What do Excalibur 3900B Dehydrator customers love?
Customers love the fact that the Excalibur 3900B Dehydrator dries food evenly. It avoids the hassles of having to swap trays around trying to make sure the food is done correctly.
The BPA free plastic used ensures you avoid the health risks such as endocrine disuptions and hormonal changes which is sometimes caused by the Bisphenol A compound. The materials used on the Excalibur 3900B food dehydrator are completely safe. Being able to remove trays as needed to allow larger items to easily fit inside the Excalibur 3900B Dehydrator. No need to worry about cutting it into small portions.
I believe Excalibur 3900B 9 Tray Deluxe Dehydrator is a good machine to have. Not just for it popularity but for it quality,durability and great customer experiences that has been been reported. And also:
• Its is economical,efficient,fast and easy to use.
• The polycarbonate tray it comes with is approved by the FDA.
• It has controlled settings for a broad range of utilization;making trail mixes,fruit roll-ups,drying flower preparations,arts and crafts,herbs etc.
You can browse around for other food dehydrator reviews and buyer guides.
The Excalibur 3900B Food Dehydrator gives you the flexibility to dehydrate almost anything easily and efficiently in bulk. Excalibur’s trademarked airflow system means it does the job without all the hassles that some of the other dehydrators cause.
The two important features distinguish the Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator from other dehydrators are the thermostat and the fan. The fan is strong and can circulate the air to all the nine trays. It is also quite. The fully adjustable thermostat is what makes the Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator so special. All you need to do is adjust the temperature and leave the rest to the thermostat. This feature is not available in most other commercial food dehydrators.
Best of all, the Excalibur 3900B Dehydrator is done in a safe, healthy, reliable and efficient manner. It’s the best on the market and we highly recommend it for your family sized food dehydration needs.