With the rapid development of science and technology in recent years, smart home appliances have become more and more humanized, and fast, convenient, and environmental protection have become the mainstream of life.
After more than ten years of development, the steam oven is quite mature in technology. In the past 2-3 years, the market and penetration rate of steam ovens have doubled and gradually become the darling of the kitchen appliance market.
It is a modern kitchen appliance that combines the two main functions of an electric oven and electric steam. It also has the functions of heating, disinfecting, and defrosting the microwave oven, and the utility is well played.
Top 5 Steam Oven Reviews of 2020
- 5 cooking modes: our all in one easy to use Oven allows you to choose between 5 seperate functions (steam, bake, broil, reheat and toast) ensuring a perfectly cooked meal every time.
- 【1 Product, 10 Functions】 Save space by combining ten kitchen appliances into one! This steam oven can be used in the following modes: steam, hi-temp steam, grill, convection oven, combi (steam+grill+convection), fermentation, and sterilization. There is also a preheat and defrost mode.
- BALMUDA The Toaster uses steam technology, heat control, and five different modes to bring out the best in any kind of bread
- Double Infrared Heating High Efficiency Quartz and Ceramic Infrared Heating Elements are positioned in the front and back to evenly toast, bake, brown and reheat to perfection
- 1750-watt superheated steam countertop oven with 0.5 cu. ft. capacity; Temperature range from 160 up to 485 degrees Fahrenheit; Single dial control with easy-to-read LCD display make it easy to operate; Timer up to 60 minutes with sound on/off feature; 4" usable cooking height with 2 shelf levels and hidden bake element; Incandescent interior light and clear glass window make it easy to check cooking progress; Height 9.300; Width 19.700; Depth 19.300; Weight 24.50; Color Stainless
Last update on 2020-08-07 at 00:57 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What makes steam ovens so popular?
1. People’s health awareness has improved significantly.
With the improvement of people’s quality of life, the pursuit of exquisiteness, nutrition, and deliciousness has gradually become a trend.
2. It can enhance cooking skills.
When it comes to nutrition and deliciousness, smart kitchen appliances are a good choice, such as ovens, microwave ovens, steam oven, etc.
To a certain extent, it can greatly improve the quality of our living and eating, and the function of a steam oven to integrate several large machines has gradually become the object of consideration.
3. save space
As the name suggests, the steam oven combines the functions of electric steam and electric oven. At the same time, it also gives functions such as heating, heat preservation, thawing, fermentation, etc., and its practicality is greatly enhanced in daily life.
Through integration, you can reduce unnecessary household appliances, such as steam ovens, microwave ovens, cheese machines, etc., which can effectively solve the problem of crowded kitchen appliances.
4. save time
The steam oven uses technology to embed recipes into the machine. By intelligently controlling the temperature and time, we only need to match the ingredients and seasonings, and the rest is handed over to the oven.
During the cooking period, you can read a book and drink tea, accompany your child to do homework, and both food and life.
5. no fumes
Generally, when we cook, there will be a certain smell of oily smoke. Long-term inhalation of soot will affect our health.
Experiments have shown that the steam oven can achieve 98% no-smoke effect, can reduce the air pollution index, and create a high-quality air environment for the family to cook.
How to choose the right steam oven
In the case of quality clearance, the function is, of course, as good as possible so that you can experience a variety of cooking feasts in daily cooking.
Additional features, such as thawing, sterilization, heating, appointments, etc., are also essential for a good steam oven.
The larger the capacity of the steam oven, of course, the better. You can cook a variety of ingredients at one time, and you can also bake large ingredients like a leg of lamb, which is a good choice for food lovers or cooks.
Moreover, the capacity is large, the heat is even, unlike the small oven, where the food is close to the heat source, it is easy to burn the paste.
3. Liner material
The inner liner of the steaming oven is mainly divided into two types, one is a stainless steel inner tank, and the other is an enamel inner tank.
They all have the characteristics of high-temperature resistance, but what kind of material is more suitable for steaming oven?
Enamel liner: Aesthetically speaking, it is more fashionable, smooth, and bright than stainless steel.
If it is only used in the oven, the enamel liner is a choice that is not resistant to high temperatures and deformation.
However, if it is used in a steaming oven, it is not ideal. The first technology is not mature enough to make 100% enamel and stainless steel.
In the long-term high-temperature salt spray and high humidity environment, it is easy to lose porcelain and rust. It is also inevitable that bumps and bumps will affect appearance and use.
Two stainless steel liner. We all know that stainless steel is resistant to high temperatures, scratches, and rust. Like everyday tableware, it is mainly made of stainless steel. The disadvantage is that it is expensive.
4. Heating tube selection
They are all working in the environment of steaming low humidity or high humidity and salt spray. We should pay attention to whether the heat pipe is resistant to high temperatures, heat, and rust.
1.quartz heating tube is mainly suitable for relatively small steaming ovens.
It uses a special process of the opalescent quartz glass tube, with a resistance material as a thermal element.
Since opalescent quartz glass can absorb almost all visible and near-infrared light from the heating wire, it can be converted into far-infrared radiation.
- Advantages: fast heating, good heat stability, corrosion resistance, rust resistance, good heat resistance, safety, plasticity
- Disadvantages: fragile, difficult to reprocess, can not accurately control temperature,
2. stainless steel electric heating tube material quality difference is mainly due to different nickel content.
Nickel is an excellent corrosion-resistant material. When it is combined with chromium in stainless steel, it has some improvement in corrosion resistance and processability of stainless steel.
The 310S and 840 stainless steel tubes have a nickel content of 20%, which is an excellent material with strong acid and alkali resistance and high-temperature resistance in the heating tube.
301s stainless steel is more suitable for steaming oven than 840 stainless steel, and it is more resistant to corrosion. It is not suitable for long-term immersion in water, and it will be rusted by steam rust. It is the most suitable baking tube for steaming oven.
Some merchants use 840 stainless steel, and then use the banner of “medical grade” and “professional oven grilling tube” to fool consumers.
Indeed, 840 stainless steel is used in professional ovens, but the oven is not equal to the steaming oven, which is easily corroded by steam with an 840 stainless steel heating tube.
From the perspective of the development of integrated kitchen appliances in the future, the embedded oven can be said to have made great breakthroughs, integrating the functions of several kitchen appliances, increasing the usability of daily life, and improving the production of food, which can effectively improve people. The quality of the diet.
The embedded steamer and dishwasher, refrigerator, and garbage disposal can be said to be one of the must-have appliances for the family.